Generac Power Systems 10000014761 Details and Specifications
The 2017 Edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC) includes a new requirement for an external, independent shutdown of prime movers for a Standby Generator’s engine (the prime mover). After an external shutdown, the system must require a manual reset before further generator operation. Generators larger than 15 kilowatts require two switches.
Generac’s Add-On Engine Shutdown Kit includes all the components needed to bring new and existing Generac Standby Generator installations into compliance with NEC Article 445.18(B).
Installation on the exterior of the standby generator enclosure for compliance.
- 15-kilowatt to 60-kilowatt Liquid Cooled Standby Generators
- 9-kilowatt to 22-kilowatt Guardian, Synergy, and EcoGen Air-Cooled Standby Generators.
- Guardian three-phase generators.
- Includes Protector Diesel Generators with the Optional Emergency E-Stop Switch
Kit includes two rocker switches, wiring, barrel-splice crimp connectors, and two decals.
Note: Installation may require a firmware update and controller setting changes.
Note: After using the shutdown switch, return switch to “ON” and clear the controller alarm before restart.
Refer to NEC Article 445.18(B) for the full text of the changes
- Air-Cooled - 2017 NEC Required 9-22 kW Engine Shutdown Add-On Kit (445.18(B))
- Liquid-Cooled - 2017 NEC Required Engine Shutdown Add-On Kit (445.18(B))
- Fulfills NEC 2017 Article 445.18(B).