Cummins Power Generation A051C329 Details and Specifications
Cummins Load Shed Power Management Kit
The Cummins Load Shed Power Management Kit is compatible with Cummins RS13, RS17, and RS20 Air-Cooled Generators. The Load-Shed Kit allows the generator system to disconnect and reconnect heavy loads as required to prevent generator overloads.
Multiple features make this kit one of the best available power management options on the market.
- Intelligent load management integrated into every Cummins Air-Cooled generator.
- Smart enough to learn the load requirements of each connected device.
- Faster because it compares the managed load's amps to the generator’s overall load and only adds the load when the generator has enough capacity.
- Load shed relay contacts only open when a load is shed to reduce noise.
- Low power use compared to an “always-on” solution reduces the annual operating cost and lowers energy use.
- The Power management kit allows the generator set to remove (shed) a heavy load when the demand is too high and would overload the generator.
- Each kit controls two loads up to 50 amps each.
- Load shed occurs on both contactors at generator start up. The first load is added after three minutes and the second three minutes after that to prevent overloading when two heavy loads start at the same time.
- After load shed, the kit only allows a load to start if enough power is available from the generator.
Cummins Load Shed Module
The Cummins Power Management Kit is simple and easy to install and ships with a quick installation guide.
Knockouts on all sides of the box allow easy wire routing. The Power Management Kit mounts flush or on the wall surface.
UL Listed. NEMA 1 enclosure for indoor installation only.